NQF Level 2 Certificate
Are you creative? Do you want to train to work in the creative industries? Are you over 13 years old?
If the answer to all 3 questions is YES then the Online College Of Art & Design can certainly help.
This home study online course will provide you with the essential creative portfolio all creatives need to get started. Our team of expert tutors will develop your confidence, knowledge, skills & understanding across a range of potential pathways including; graphic design,games design, 3d modeling, fine art, architecture, theatre & set design, illustration, fashion, textiles, photography, sculpture, film & animation, jewellery design, ceramics, computer aided design CAD, furniture design, garden design, digital media, others.
The college is committed to widening participation in education and training. All students who complete this course will have the requisite creative portfolio and will be guaranteed progression to the college’s fully accredited Foundation Diploma in Art, Design & Media. This will provide access to university to study BA honours degree and the creative career that follows.
- Courses Available: Photography, Fine Art, Illustration (inc. Manga), Games Design, 3d Modeling, Painting & Drawing, 3d design, Architectural design, Sculpture, Digital Art, Animation, Graphic Design, Pottery, Craft, Jewellery making, Fashion, Textiles.
- Entry Requirements: 13 years old to mature student, No previous art or design qualifications required.
- Part-time programmes:available all year around – enroling now
- Full-time programmes:start December to January and September to October. Exceptions may apply.
- Requirements:broadband connection / basic art materials
- Progression: Foundation Diploma in Art & Design
- Accreditation: ABC Awards
- Ofqual Regulated:Yes (Ofqual Code 501/2278/2)
- Tuition:Face to face, one to one – unlimited
How It Works
Students receive access to their own online studio where they can work through their course. Units and assignments are listed along with supporting resources, video tutorials for skills development, step by step guides etc. Photographs of students’ completed work are uploaded to their college e portfolio for assessment and constructive, friendly written feedback on how to progress. Additionally students are invited to discuss with an experienced and qualified personal tutor their progress and receive face to face verbal feedback, encouragement and support. Students may also benefit from relationships with their fellow online students as they can view profiles and comment on each others’ art work if they wish.
Formative as courses progress and summative at the end of units and the course. Your Final Major Project will be assessed externally by the exam board and this will decide your final grade. You will be kept informed every step of the way on how to improve your work.
Structure Of The Course
This exciting course has 4 units designed to ensure you produce a stimulating and rewarding art & design project (s) which allow you develop your knowledge, skills, understanding and confidence in developing your interests and ideas in an artistic way.
Exploratory Stage:This first part of the course takes you through a programme of developing skills in drawing, painting, mixed media (collage), digital art and 3d (sculpture).
Pathway Stage: In this second part of the course you will be asked to make one art project, within a speciallist pathway that is related to a theme which is of personal interest to you.
Previous themes have included:
- ‘The way I look’
- “My Manga World”
- “I Me & Mine”
- “Overhead and Underneath’
- “Through The Keyhole’
- “My Dream World”
IMPORTANT: Students choose ONE pathway to specialise in.
Pathways include: Illustration (including Manga), Games Design, 3d Modeling, Textiles, Fashion, 3D (including Sculpture), Animation, Photography, Architectural Design, Digital Art, Printmaking, Fine Art, Craft, Painting.
Your artwork will be assessed against the following 4 units:
- A/602/6142 Investigating information and developing research techniques – Mandatory Unit
- K/602/6251 Developing and handling media and materials – Mandatory Unit
- M/602/6252 Recognising and applying visual language and formal elements within production techniques – Mandatory Unit
- A/602/6254 Working to set briefs – Mandatory Unit
Standard Two Year Course is just £34.99 GBP x 20 months or single payment of £699 GBP- $927 USD – same fee for international students.
Intensive One Year Course is just £99.99 x 10 months or single payment of £999 GBP- $1325 USD – same fee for international students.