Making your dreams come true since 2002
Art & Design
Level 2 Certificate (BTEC Equivalent)
The Online Level 2 Certificate in Art & Design (BTEC equivalent) is a fun beginner to intermediate art course.offering creative pupils the chance to achieve nationally accredited courses from home. You can study full-time over one year or part-time over 2 years. The course is an equivalent to GCSE / IGCSE and will offer the same opportunities for progression to our Foundation Diploma courses. The main reason students choose Level 2 certificate over IGCSE is because it is far less problematic to deliver online as there is no exam to attend. Instead coursework is assessed online by the exam board examiner. This means the course is ideal for students who suffer from exam stress and for those who don’t work well under pressure. An additional benefit is you save the £40 – £250 that the IGCSE exam can cost.
This exciting course has a strong practical focus, developing not just skills, knowledge and understanding of art and design and the work of other artists, but also confidence. Successful completion of the course means you will receive the same level 2 Certificate as from any other college as the course is nationally accredited by one of the UK’s largest vocational awarding bodies, ABC Awards.
Equaly valuable, graduates achieve a specialist portfolio that expresses their personal brand of art and design, enabling access to top universities and employment as a professional qualified Artist or Designer.
- Courses Available: Photography, Fine Art, Illustration (inc. Manga), 3D Modelling, Games Design, Painting & Drawing, 3d design, Architectural design, Sculpture, Digital Art, Animation, Graphic Design, Pottery, Craft, Jewellery making, Fashion, Textiles.
- Entry Requirements: 14 years or over or mature younger student, No previous art or design qualifications required.
- Part-time programmes:Available all year around – enrolling now!
- Full-time programmes:Start December to January and September to October. Exceptions may apply.
- Requirements: Broadband connection / basic art materials
- Progression: to Foundation Diploma in Art & Design
- Accreditation: ABC Awards Examination Board (Ofqual Code 501/2278/2)
- Tuition: Face to face, one to one – unlimited
How It Works
Students receive access to their own online studio where they can work through their course. Units and assignments are listed along with supporting resources, video tutorials for skills development, step by step guides etc. Photographs of students’ completed work are uploaded to their college e portfolio for assessment and constructive, friendly written feedback on how to progress. Additionally students are invited to discuss with an experienced and qualified personal tutor their progress and receive face to face verbal feedback, encouragement and support. Students may also benefit from relationships with their fellow online students as they can view profiles and comment on each others’ art work if they wish.
Formative as courses progress and summative at the end of units and the course. Your Final Major Project will be assessed externally by the exam board and this will decide your final grade. You will be kept informed every step of the way on how to improve your work.
Structure Of The Course
This exciting course has 4 units designed to ensure you produce a stimulating and rewarding art & design project (s) which allow you develop your knowledge, skills, understanding and confidence in developing your interests and ideas in an artistic way.
Exploratory Stage:This first part of the course takes you through a programme of developing skills in drawing, painting, mixed media (collage), digital art and 3d (sculpture).
Pathway Stage:In this second part of the course you will be asked to make one art project within a specialist pathway, that is related to a theme which is of personal interest to you.
Previous themes have included:
‘The way I look’
“My Manga World”
“I Me & Mine”
“Overhead and Underneath’
“Through The Keyhole’
“My Dream World”
Pathways include: Illustration (including Manga), 3d Modelling, Games Design, Textiles, Fashion, 3D (including Sculpture), Animation, Photography, Architectural Design, Digital Art, Printmaking, Fine Art, Craft, Painting.
Your artwork will be assessed against the following 4 units:
- A/602/6142 Investigating information and developing research techniques – Mandatory Unit
- K/602/6251 Developing and handling media and materials – Mandatory Unit
- M/602/6252 Recognising and applying visual language and formal elements within production techniques – Mandatory Unit
- A/602/6254 Working to set briefs – Mandatory Unit
Standard Two Year Course is just £34.99 GBP x 20 months or single payment of £699 GBP- $927 USD – same fee for international students.
Intensive One Year Course is just £99.99 x 10 months or single payment of £999 GBP- $1325 USD – same fee for international students.
International students studying outside of Europe the fee is £2000 GBP for standard 2 year course and £3000 GBP for intensive 1 year course.