Making your dreams come true since 2002
Photography Level 2 Certificate
Fully Accredited – Get Qualified! – Equivalent to GCSE – ENROLLING NOW!
This course is ideal for beginners who want to explore the medium of photography while achieveing a nationally recognised qualification.You will also receive valuable advice on how to get started as a professional photographer.
Run by an energetic and enthusiastic team of lecturers who are practicing photographers the course will extend your confidence and creativity with the camera.You will be guided through the essential skills and knowledge required to pass this NQF Level 2 qualification.
- Entry Requirements: 10 years or older. No formal qualifications required. A keen interest in photography and a strong desire to succeed is expected.
- Duration: 1 year – 8-10 hours a week study time. No lectures to attend – work around other study, family and work commitments.
- Requirements: Computer with broadband connection / phone camera or better
- Enrolment – Enrol anytime (subject to places)
- Accreditation: NCFE
- OFQUAL Regulated: Yes (Ofqual number 601/3391/0)
- Progression: Level 3 Photography Diploma
- Portfolio support: Yes
- Tuition: Face to face, one to one – unlimited – arrange at mutually convenient times. – Optional LIVE lessons for additional support
How It Works
Students receive access to our online college site where they can access and work through their course. Lessons / tasks are listed along with supporting resources, videos for skills development, step by step tutorials etc. Photographs of students’ completed work are uploaded to their college e portfolio for marking and written feedback on how to progress. Additionally students are invited to discuss with an experienced and qualified personal tutor their progress and receive verbal feedback, encouragement and support. Optional weekly LIVE lessons are also available for additional encouragement support. Students may also benefit from relationships with their fellow online students as they can view profiles and comment on each others’ art work if they wish.
Formative as courses progress and summative at the end of units and the course. Your Final Major Project will be assessed externally by the exam board and this will decide your final grade. You will be kept informed every step of the way on how to improve your work.
Structure Of The Course
You will be supported through the following units:
3 core units:
- Unit 01 Explore photographic equipment, techniques,
- materials and resources (4 credits)
- Unit 02 Develop and adapt photographic ideas (4 credits)
- Unit 03 Introduction to the photo imaging industry (4 credits)
7 optional units:
- Unit 04 Darkroom processing and printing (8 credits)
- Unit 05 Studio photography (8 credits)
- Unit 06 Location photography (8 credits)
- Unit 07 Commercial photography (8 credits)
- Unit 08 Documentary photography (8 credits)
- Unit 09 Experimental and alternative process photography (8 credits)
- Unit 10 Presenting a portfolio of photographic images (8 credits)
You will develop a range of practical skills with regard to identifying key features and functionality of the camera, appropriate accessories for a particular genre of photographic application, working to a project brief and professional presentation of your portfolio.
Your personal tutor will also help you identify progression opportunities as they will get to know you and your work very well.
= £699 GBP – $918 USD.
NOTE: A significant surcharge is added to the course fee for Chinese students and other over-represented groups. This is intended to prevent our courses from becoming overwhelmed by a disproportionate number of students from any one country. It is important to OCAD to offer opportunities to students from many countries rather than a few.