Making your dreams come true since 2002
Photography Level 3 Diploma Ofqual. 601/0377/2
Fully Accredited Ofqual Code 601/0377/2) Get Qualified! – Equivalent to A Level – 48 UCAS Points – Counts as one of your A Levels for University! ENROLLING NOW!
This course is ideal for passionate photographers who want to explore the medium of photography while achieving a nationally recognised qualification. The course provides students with an exceptional portfolio ensuring access to University. You will also receive valuable advice on how to get started as a professional photographer.
If you are a beginner see Level 2 Certificate course – click here.
Run by an energetic and enthusiastic team of lecturers who are practicing photographers the course will extend your confidence and creativity with the camera.You will be guided through the essential skills and knowledge required to pass this NQF Level 3 qualification.
- Entry Requirements: 16 years or older. No formal qualifications required but a Level 2 Photography would be a distinct advantage. A keen interest in photography and a strong desire to succeed is expected.
- Duration: 1 year – 8-10 hours a week study time. No lectures to attend – work around other study, family and work commitments.
- Requirements: Broadband connection / phone camera or better
- Accreditation: NCFE / Royal Photographic Society
- OFQUAL Regulated: Yes (Ofqual number 601/0377/2)
- Progression: Level 3 Photography Foundation Diploma / University
- Portfolio support: Yes
- Tuition: Face to face, one to one – unlimited – arrange at mutually convenient times. – Optional LIVE lessons for additional support
- Download Specification
How It Works
Students receive access to our online college site where they can access and work through their course. Lessons / tasks are listed along with supporting resources, videos for skills development, step by step tutorials etc. Photographs of students’ completed work are uploaded to their college e portfolio for marking and written feedback on how to progress. Additionally students are invited to discuss with an experienced and qualified personal tutor their progress and receive verbal feedback, encouragement and support. Optional weekly LIVE lessons are also available for additional encouragement support. Students may also benefit from relationships with their fellow online students as they can view profiles and comment on each others’ art work if they wish.
Formative as courses progress and summative at the end of units and the course. Your Final Major Project will be assessed externally by the exam board and this will decide your final grade. You will be kept informed every step of the way on how to improve your work.
Structure Of The Course
You will be supported through the following units:
To be awarded the NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Photography, learners must achieve a minimum of 73 credits: 5 units from Group A, 2 units from Group B and 2 units from Group C.
Students who do not manage to complete all of the units for the Level 3 Diploma may have the option to be assessed for the Level 3 Certificate which offers 24 UCAS points.
- Use camera techniques to creatively control visual outcomes (M/505/3067)
- Print and present a portfolio of photographs (T/505/3068)
- Plan and complete a photographic project (A/505/3069)
- Safety in the workplace for photography (M/505/3070)
- Awareness of employment in the Creative Media sector (L/600/9037)
- Image processing, manipulation and storage (T/505/3071)
- The history of photography (A/505/3072)
- Image documentation and storage (K/505/3066)
- Studio photography (M/505/3084)
- Documentary photography (T/505/3085)
- Location photography (A/505/3086)
- Portrait photography (F/505/3073)
- Experimental photographic imaging (J/505/3074)
You will develop a range of practical skills with regard to identifying key features and functionality of the camera, appropriate accessories for a particular genre of photographic application, working to a project brief and professional presentation of your portfolio.
Your personal tutor will also help you identify progression opportunities as they will get to know you and your work very well.
£999 GBP – $1325 USD. Monthly Payment Plan Available: Pay £99/ $132 USD over 10 Months.