Making your dreams come true since 2002
Art & Design
Lower School – Key Stage 3
In common with Lower School and National Curriculum Key Stage 3 Art & Design in mainstream schools the course is run over three fun years.The programme prepares pupils for progression to GCSE / IGCSE/ Level 2 exam courses. Pupils benefit from a fully qualified expert teacher of art and design, live lessons via our interactive online classroom, feedback on all completed artwork and one to one tutorials when required. In common with teachers in schools OCAD teachers use a variety of resources including their own teacher approved selection of Youtube videos showing how particular skills can be improved.
Individual years can be purchased. The course offers a flexible approach which allows pupils either to follow the default programme or work through an individual programme more suited to their preferences and skill set.
The programme fully prepares pupils for progression to GCSE / IGCSE / Level 2 exam courses. It also guarantees pupils automatic enrolment on to OCAD IGCSE / Level 2 courses.
- Entry Requirements:10 – 14 years. No previous art or design qualifications required.
- Part-time programmes:available all year around – enroling now (Annual fee pays for three 12 week terms irrespective of when pupils begin their course.
- Requirements: Computer with broadband connection / basic art materials / motivated pupil and parents
- Progression:to Level 2 Art & Design or IGCSE
- Accreditation: ABC Awards
- Ofqual Regulated: Yes (Ofqual Code 501/2278/2)
- Teaching:Expert fully qualified art and design teacher plus one to one – unlimited support via one to one tutorials.
How It Works
Pupils are enthusiastically and expertly taught by a fully qualified art and design teacher. via LIVE interactive online classroom.
Additionally pupils receive access to their own online studio where they can work through their course. Tasks and lessons are listed along with supporting resources, video tutorials for skills development, step by step guides etc. Photographs of students’ completed work are uploaded to their college e portfolio for assessment and constructive, friendly written feedback on how to progress. Additionally students are invited to discuss with an experienced and qualified art and design teacher their progress and receive face to face verbal feedback, encouragement and support. Students may also benefit from relationships with their fellow online students as they can view profiles and comment on each others’ art work if they wish.
Formative as pupils progress.
Structure Of The Course
- Year one(3 x 12 week terms) pupils will work towards attaining BASIC skills and gain confidence in drawing, painting and sculpture.
- Year two (3 x 12 week terms) pupils will work towards attaining COMPETENT skills and gain confidence in drawing, painting and sculpture.
- Year three (3 x 12 week terms) pupils will work towards attaining CONFIDENT skills and gain confidence in drawing, painting and sculpture.
Pupils will also make connections between their own work and the work of other artists and designers. In years two and three pupils will use their new skills, knowledge and understanding more independently to express their own ideas and feelings and they will begin to annotate their work.
The full 3 year programme FULLY prepares pupils for progression to Level 2 /GCSE / IGCSE exam courses.
Cost of annual tuition: £359.99 GBP (International students pay the same).
This course is FREE when studied as part of a full curriculum – more . . .