Making your dreams come true since 2002
SEG Level 2 Certificate In Art & Design Specialising in Animation – Ofqual. 501/2278/2
Learn in LIVE interactive classrooms from a legend of Animation – Amita Sahgal (Animator for Oscar and BAFTA winning movies – animated on Happy Feet2, TED, Aliens in the Attic, Bing)
The 100% Online – no exam – Level 2 Certificate in Animation (BTEC equivalent) is a fun beginner to intermediate animation course.offering future animators the chance to achieve a nationally accredited course from home. You can study over 1 or 2 years (extend if required for additional fee). The course is an equivalent to GCSE / IGCSE / BTEC level and will offer the same opportunities for progression to our Level 3 Animation courses and then on to a BA Honours Degree/ Creative career as an animator.
This exciting course has a strong practical focus, developing skills with industry standard software, knowledge and understanding of animation and the work of other artists, but also building confidence. Successful completion of the course means you will receive the same level 2 Certificate as from any other college, as the course is nationally accredited by one of the UK’s largest vocational awarding bodies, SEG ABC Awards.
Equally valuable, graduates achieve a specialist portfolio and showreel that expresses their personal brand of animation, enabling access to Level 3 Animation Diploma, top universities and employment as a professional qualified Animator. Very few places – Apply now!
- Entry Requirements: 14 years or over, No previous art or design qualifications required.
- Enrolment: Available all year around – enrolling now!
- Requirements: A computer with broadband connection / Maya – OCAD students can get a Lite version of this for £36 per month or they can use Blender which is a free Open Source alternative.
- Progression: to Foundation Diploma in Art & Design (Animation Pathway)
- Accreditation: SEG ABC Awards Examination Board (Ofqual Code 501/2278/2)
- Tuition: Online face to face, one to one – unlimited
How It Works
Students receive access to their own online studio where they can work through their course. Units and assignments are listed along with supporting resources, video tutorials for skills development, step by step guides etc. Photographs, digital files, hyperlinks of students’ completed work are uploaded to their college e portfolio for assessment and constructive, friendly written feedback on how to progress. Additionally students are invited to discuss with an experienced and qualified personal tutor their progress and receive face to face verbal feedback, encouragement and support. Students may also benefit from relationships with their fellow online animators as they can view profiles and comment on each others’ art work if they wish.
LIVE interactive classes and tutorials run every week during term times. These fun classes are enjoyed by students and really help with motivation, support and confidence building – as well as passing on the essential content.
Formative as courses progress and summative at the end of units and the course. Your Final Major Project Showreel will be assessed externally by the exam board and this will decide your final grade. You will be kept informed every step of the way on how to improve your work.
Structure Of The Course
This exciting course has 4 units designed to ensure you produce a stimulating and rewarding art & design project (s) which allow you develop your knowledge, skills, understanding and confidence in developing your interests and ideas in an artistic way.
Pathways include: 2d and 3d character design, games design, virtual worlds design, architectural/spacial design, animated movies, advertisements – all kinds of animation.
Your artwork will be assessed against the following 4 units:
- A/602/6142 Investigating information and developing research techniques – Mandatory Unit
- K/602/6251 Developing and handling media and materials – Mandatory Unit
- M/602/6252 Recognising and applying visual language and formal elements within production techniques – Mandatory Unit
- A/602/6254 Working to set briefs – Mandatory Unit
Standard Two Year Course is just £699 GBP
Intensive One Year Course is just £999 GBP
International students studying the standard two year course from outside of Europe the fee is £2000 GBP $2600 USD* for the standard 2 year course and . .
£3000 GBP $3800 USD* for the intensive 1 year course.
- USD fees are subject to currency fluctuation and are an approximation. Fees will be very close to those quoted